Saturday, November 26, 2011

Jennifer(Mcgurrin) Gnell

Now if there is ever someone who deserves woman of the year, she should have won the award a few years running. Being a very close friend to me has not always been easy, and lord knows she probably would have loved to walk away and wish she never met me(i dont blame her), yet she has always been there for me and is always brutally honest.( even when i dont want her to be)

I met Jen while working at Hills Dept Store back when we were much younger, and I was a lot more full of myself.(basically immature) We became friends instantly and we spent so much time together that everyone thought there was something more then friends between us.

She has stood by my side during the infamous summer of the dirty(lani) when my whole summer was turned upside down going into senior year. She was standing there or near me when my mom found out that I had sex for the first time. ( that was not a fun day at all)

She stood by me when I started dating Sheila and stood fast when everything went bat shit crazy a few times. Never once did she walk away and I did my best to push everyone away from me, yet as stubborn as she is, she never listened.( I am thankful for this fact many times over)

She stood by my side when my grandfather passed away, when I was dating jessica D, the being away at school (bloomsburg) and then coming home to LJC.

The only problem that we had between us was over carol and thomas. Not saying she was right or wrong during the whole time, but looking back on it all she was trying to get me to do was be the man I am today back then. Unfortuantely I was not a man back then, just a simple 19 yr old boy who made boys choices, but in the end made a man's decision that I still stand by today.

When things have been at their worst, she is a rock and I know that I can count on her. When I found out that she was prgenant, I was so happy for her. She was going to be, and is a great mother. For her to be blessed with a child just made everything complete for her, and seeing her with her son proves that.

Without Jen in my life over the years I am not sure if i would have turned out like this. I may have been a drunk in a ditch, or made some other bad choices and not turned out like I have.( still unsure if its good or bad)

Let me say thank you to Jen for always telling me the brutal truth with total honesty.

No comments:

Post a Comment